New Real Madrid head coach Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign Mohamed Salah if their move for Kylian Mbappe does not materialise.
TOP STORY - MADRID TARGET SALAH IF MBAPPE FAILS
Ancelotti has told Real Madrid president Florentino Perez he wants to sign Liverpool's Salah , reports Fichajes.
The Italian believes Los Blancos need another forward, with Salah seen as his back-up plan if they fail to land Paris Saint-Germain's Mbappe.
Madrid's financial situation is complicated, with the club not making any major signings in 2020-21 amid the fallout from the COVID-19 pandemic, but they appear determined to land a major forward this off-season.
- 90min reports that Manchester United's Jesse Lingard has emerged as a target for Spanish champions Atletico Madrid, having caught Diego Simeone's eye during his loan spell at West Ham United.
- Chelsea have shopped around striker Tammy Abraham and Arsenal are interested, according to The Telegraph.
- The Athletic believes Tottenham may make a move for Roma midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini, although he has a £26 million release clause.
- Poor relations between Spurs and Southampton, stemming from 2020's Pierre-Emile Hjobjerg deal, may scupper a proposed move for Danny Ings, according to Standard Sport.
- Newly promoted Brentford are set to splash a club record transfer fee of £13.5 million to land Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer, claims The Telegraph.