From want-away star to long-term asset? Neymar is reportedly in talks to prolong his stay in the French capital.
After requesting a move away from Paris Saint-Germain, who would have thought Neymar could be in line to sign a contract extension?
Neymar was determined to return to La Liga champions Barcelona but a deal did not materialise prior to the transfer window closing.
Now, Neymar's long-term future could be in Paris…
TOP STORY – PSG HOPEFUL OF EXTENDING NEYMAR CONTRACT
Paris Saint-Germain are hopeful of signing superstar Neymar to a new contract, reports Le10Sport.
La Liga champions Barcelona were in talks to re-sign Neymar from PSG after the Brazilian's world-record €222 million transfer in 2017, however, an agreement could not be reached.
Neymar, though, has reportedly held talks with PSG over extending his contract in the French capital.
- The Sun says Manchester United will target Juventus veteran Mario Mandzukic in January. The 33-year-old Croatian was linked with a move to Old Trafford before the window shut. But with United facing a crisis following injuries to Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial after Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez's exits, the Red Devils are believed to be weighing up Mandzukic.
- AC Milan turned down the chance to sign Chelsea sensation Tammy Abraham, according to Tuttomercatoweb. The 21-year-old has already scored seven Premier League goals this season. However, Milan reportedly pulled the plug on the deal due to his apparent inexperience at the top level.
- United and Juventus are reportedly scouting Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali. According to Gazzetta dello Sport, a United scout was in attendance for Tuesday's Serie A clash between Brescia and Juve. Bundesliga outfit Borussia Dortmund are also reportedly eyeing the 19-year-old.
- Napoli are in talks with centre-back Nikola Maksimovic over a new long-term contract, reports Corriere dello Sport.
- Sky Sports claims Atletico Madrid are tracking Boca Juniors sensation Agustin Almendra. La Liga rivals Sevilla and Valencia have also reportedly inquired about the 19-year-old.