It seems little progress was made between Barcelona and Lionel Messi.
Messi, 33, has sensationally requested to leave the La Liga giants, but the transfer saga looks set to drag on.
A meeting between the parties was tipped to provide some clarity, but it seems little has changed.
TOP STORY – MESSI, BARCELONA YET TO REACH AGREEMENT
Messi and Barcelona did not reach an agreement on Thursday (AEST), according to widespread reports in Spain.
AS reports Messi is insisting he leaves, while Barca are refusing to negotiate.
Messi has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City, while Paris Saint-Germain, Inter and Juventus have also been credited with an interest.
According to The Telegraph, Messi could leave for as little as €100 million (A$161.1 million).
- Staying at Barcelona and Luis Suarez has also been linked with a move away from Camp Nou. Gianluca Di Marzio reports the forward has almost agreed terms with Juventus, who may pay Barcelona a small fee for the 33-year-old. Suarez is out of contract next year.
- Liverpool are seemingly still trying to sign Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara. RMC Sport reports Liverpool is Thiago's only choice despite links to Manchester United.
- Inter Miami could be set for a huge signing. ESPN reports Juventus forward Gonzalo Higuain is very close to agreeing to personal terms with the MLS club.
- After a fine loan spell at Roma, Chris Smalling is wanted by the Serie A club. Gianluca Di Marzio reports there is confidence from Roma they can get a permanent deal done for the Manchester United defender, who could sign a three-year deal.
- Roma and Manchester United may yet be involved in another deal. CalcioMercato reports Roma are looking at United midfielder Fred on a loan deal with an obligation to buy for €20 million to €25 million.
- Emiliano Martinez continues to be linked with a move from Arsenal. The Telegraph reports Villarreal, who have former Arsenal boss Unai Emery in charge, are considering the goalkeeper if he is told he will not be Arsenal's first choice this season.