Manchester United fans have been waiting for a new face to arrive and their patience is set to be rewarded.
Despite reported interest from Barcelona, Real Madrid and Tottenham, Ajax's Donny van de Beek is poised for Old Trafford.
Will there be more arrivals at United?
TOP STORY – MAN UTD TO SIGN VAN DE BEEK
Manchester United have agreed a fee to sign Ajax star Donny van de Beek, according to The Guardian and widespread reports.
Van de Beek has been linked to United, Barcelona and Real Madrid, while Tottenham were also reportedly interested.
But United are set to complete their first serious transfer ahead of the 2020-21 season in a deal reportedly worth £35.7 million plus add-ons.
- Chelsea are close to signing Bayer Leverkusen star Kai Havertz, reports Sport Bild. Fabrizio Romano, meanwhile, says it is only a matter of time before the Germany international completes a €100 million (A$162 million) switch.
- Sandro Tonali will join Milan, claims Romano. The Brescia sensation had been tipped to move to Inter, however, Milan are set to sign Tonali on an initial loan deal.
- Calciomercato reports Juventus want to sell Douglas Costa amid links to United. New head coach Andrea Pirlo wants to overhaul his squad.
- La Gazzetta dello Sport says Barca are considering Lazio striker Ciro Immobile as a replacement for Luis Suarez, who has been linked to Juve. Immobile finished as Serie A's top goalscorer last season.
- According to Super Deporte, Valencia are considering a move for Arsenal outcast Matteo Guendouzi.
- Barca are working on reuniting Liverpool star Georginio Wijnaldum with former Netherlands boss Ronald Koeman, says Mundo Deportivo. Koeman will lead Barca after leaving his international post to replace Quique Setien.
- The Mirror claims Liverpool are ready to make an offer for Watford's Ismaila Sarr, who is valued at £40 million (A$72.6 million).
- Antonio Conte has requested Inter sign N'Golo Kante from Chelsea, says Tuttomercatoweb. Inter are reportedly hoping to land the Frenchman initially on loan with the option to buy. It comes as Inter look to raise funds through the sales of players like Roberto Gagliardini, Matias Vecino and Marcelo Brozovic.
- Journalist Fredrik A.N. Filtvedt claims United are interested in Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara. Liverpool have been tipped to sign the Spaniard.