We round up the front and back pages across the world as Sunday sees the transfer rumour mill crank into gear again.
From Madrid to Munich? Gareth Bale could be set for a new challenge.
Out of favour at Real Madrid, Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich are reportedly eyeing the Wales star.
With Madrid looking to trim their wage bill and raise some funds, Bale appears headed for the exit door…
Top Story - Bayern want Bale
According to The Sun, Bayern Munich are ready to offer Gareth Bale an escape from Real Madrid.
Having already signed Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic, Ferland Mendy, Eder Militao and Rodrygo Goes, Madrid are looking to sell as Zinedine Zidane continues his overhaul in the Spanish capital.
And with Niko Kovac's Bayern keen to bolster their attacking options on the flank following the departures of Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, the German giants are reportedly prepared to take Bale on loan.
- Radio CRC in Italy report that Napoli have moved closer to signing James Rodriguez from Real Madrid, which would reunite the Colombia star with Carlo Ancelotti after he was lured to Bayern Munich on a two-year loan deal in 2017.
- Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba will submit a transfer request in an attempt to force through a move to Real Madrid, according to ABC. Meanwhile, the Mirror claims the French FIFA World Cup winner is prepared to go on strike.
- The Mirror also says Mohamed Salah will weigh up his Liverpool future at the end of the 2019-20 season, despite reported interest from Juventus and Real Madrid.
- According to Sky Sports News, Manchester United are interested in West Ham defender Issa Diop. The Red Devils are reportedly willing to pay £45 million (A$82.6 million) plus a player. It comes as United struggle in their pursuit of a centre-back as they continue to be linked to Leicester City's Harry Maguire and Napoli star Kalidou Koulibaly. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also reportedly persevering in his efforts to prise Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace.
- Premier League champions Manchester City have moved ahead of rivals Manchester United and Atletico Madrid in the race to sign Benfica sensation Joao Felix. That is according to the Daily Mail, which claims City's willingness to loan the 19-year-old – who has a £105 million (A$192 million) release clause – back to the Portuguese champions has tilted the transfer battle in their favour.
- The Daily Star report Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann will reject Manchester United's advances to team up with Lionel Messi at La Liga champions Barcelona.
- According to Sky Germany, Mats Hummels is close to re-joining Borussia Dortmund from Bayern Munich. The 30-year-old defender left Dortmund in 2016.