Adelaide United's premiership winners have been overlooked for the Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) team of the A-League season.
Brisbane's Jade North skippers the player-voted season-best XI, announced on Thursday in Melbourne.
The two beaten semi-finalists provide the majority of the all-star team.
Melbourne City contribute Thomas Sorensen, Aaron Mooy, Bruno Fornaroli and Harry Novillo, with North, Corona and Jamie Maclaren given the tick from the Roar.
Johnny Warren Medal winner Diego Castro wins a midfield berth, with Perth teammate Josh Risdon joining retiring Melbourne Victory centre-back Matthieu Delpierre in defence.
The only player in the team on display in Sunday's grand final is much-improved Western Sydney full-back Scott Jamieson.
While there wasn't even room on the bench for a United player, Wanderers pair Nikolai Topor-Stanley and Mitch Nichols were voted into the 16-man squad.
Adelaide's only representative in the awards is Guillermo Amor, voted as coach of the year, two days after receiving the similar award at the Dolan Warren Awards night.
After his surprising but meritorious selection as captain, North said it was a tremendous privilege.
"The recognition of your fellow professionals is the highest honour you can receive as a player," he said.
"The standard across the league has never been higher, and this is reflected in what is truly an outstanding PFA A-League Team of the Season."
PFA Chairman Craig Foster congratulated those selected.
"The team highlights the incredible playing talent that calls the A-League home and, once again, demonstrates the ever-improving standard on the pitch," he said.
Melbourne Victory's second home ground of Etihad Stadium, which will host the Socceroos' friendly against Greece in June, was selected as the best pitch in the league.
Despite a FFA reprimand for bringing the game into disrepute, Victory's fans were again credited with creating the best atmosphere in the country.
Retiring official Strebre Delovski was named the referee of the year.
He will finish a 26-year career, in which he was also named the best official of the past decade by PFA, on Sunday as an additional assistant referee.
PFA TEAM OF THE SEASON:
- GK: Thomas Sorensen (City)
- Def: Josh Risdon (Perth), Matthieu Delpierre (Victory), Jade North (Brisbane), Scott Jamieson (Western Sydney)
- Mid: Corona (Brisbane), Aaron Mooy (City), Diego Castro (Perth)
- Att: Jamie Maclaren (Brisbane), Bruno Fornaroli (City), Harry Novillo (City)
- Bench: Mark Birighitti (Newcastle), Nikolai Topor-Stanley (Western Sydney), Mitch Nichols (Western Sydney), Roly Bonevacia (Wellington), Kosta Barbarouses (Victory)..
- Coach: Guillermo Amor (Adelaide)
- Captain: Jade North
- Referee: Strebre Delovksi
- Venue of the season: Etihad Stadium
- Best home atmosphere: Melbourne Victory