The Matildas have called off their two-match series against the United States as negotiations continue to stall over a new collective bargaining agreement.
Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) spokesman Beau Busch said the tour was called off on Wednesday night, a day after players refused to attend a training session in Sydney and the subsequent pre-tour camp.
The Soccerros have also vented their anger over stalled pay talks in the past week, declining to be involved in commercial events in Perth.
Before the Matildas' announcement, Football Federation Australia (FFA) Chief Executive David Gallop already admitted it looked unlikely that the matches would go ahead.
Gallop said FFA wanted to see pay improve, but it had a duty to keep rises affordable.
"We've invested a lot in their program in the last year to prepare them for Canada and the World Cup," Gallop said.
"Now we've provided an opportunity for them to play the world champions, 60,000 tickets have been sold.
"Yes we would love to pay them more but unannounced, fresh demands yesterday is no way to go about it."
He said the Matildas' requests included 11th hour flight-class upgrades and accommodation for the US tour.
It's understood the current deal on the table improves the Matildas' base pay from $21,000 annually to over $33,000 by the end of the four-year agreement.
Ironically on Tuesday when the Matildas hoped to meet with Gallop, he was due at Valentine Park for another engagement - the same place where Matildas coach Alen Stajcic was left waiting for a team that never arrived.
A PFA spokesperson refuted the suggestion that it made new demands on Tuesday, suggesting its requests were long-standing.
The collective bargaining agreement for the Socceroos, Matildas and A-League players expired on 30 June.
It remains to be seen whether a player strike could reach the A-League, which begins in under a month on 8 October.