Barcelona's doubts about Ronald Koeman are gone.
After taking some time to analyse Koeman's performance last season, Barcelona announced on Thursday that it will keep the Dutch coach in charge for another year.
The decision was announced after a meeting of the club's board of directors.
"I'd like to announce that, after a period of reflection, we have decided to continue with Koeman," club president Joan Laporta said.
"We are very satisfied with how everything went during this period. We had some very direct conversations. Koeman's behavior was impeccable. He showed that he is a great professional."
Koeman has another year left on his contract but Laporta had said the club was considering whether to keep him after a disappointing season in which Barcelona only won the Copa del Rey and squandered several chances to win the Spanish league.
"We needed this period to get to know each other, we needed to find solutions to whatever disagreements we might have had," Laporta said.
"We reached the conclusion that this is what is best for Barcelona and for Koeman."
Koeman, whose extra-time goal from a free kick earned Barcelona its first European Cup in 1992, was signed by former Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu at the end of last season.
The 58-year-old former defender was in charge for 54 matches, with 34 wins, 11 losses and nine draws. The team scored 122 goals and conceded 58 under his command.
Laporta said there had been no immediate talks about extending the coach's contract beyond next season because the focus of the negotiations was to decide whether he would stay.
He dismissed the notion that Koeman only stayed because the club is struggling financially and can't afford to end his contract ahead of time.
"We could have ended the contract if we wanted to," Laporta said.
"He has been reinforced. We are very satisfied to be able to continue this relationship."
Koeman arrived last season with the difficult task of retooling a team that had gone without a trophy for the first time in over a decade.