How the A-League grand finalists match up ahead of next Sunday's decider.
A-LEAGUE GRAND FINAL: Sydney FC (1st) v Melbourne Victory (2nd)
Sunday 7 May at Allianz Stadium - 5:00pm AEST
* Coach: Graham Arnold
* Captain: Alex Brosque
* Championships: 2 (2005/06, 2009/10)
* Premierships: 2 (2009/10, 2016/17)
* Finals campaigns: 8
* Why they'll win: Sydney FC have re-written A-League record books this season with an historic points haul, great defence and a multi-faceted attack. They have plenty of match-winners and have come up trumps against Victory in each of their three meetings this season. Anything short of success would be unjust given their incredible campaign.
* X-factor: Milos Ninkovic. The Johnny Warren Medal favourite is the oil that makes the Sydney FC machine run smoothly.
* Coach: Kevin Muscat
* Captain: Carl Valeri
* Championships: 3 (2006/07, 2008/09, 2014/15)
* Premierships: 3 (2006/17, 2008/09, 2014/15)
* Finals campaigns: 9
* Why they'll win: Finals specialist and record goalscorer Besart Berisha. The Kosovo international lives for the big occasions and proved as much again on Sunday night against Brisbane. Kevin Muscat's side can also draw upon their 2015 success in the build-up to Sunday, with six starters from their grand final win playing against the Roar.
* X-factor: Lawrence Thomas. Opposing gloveman Danny Vukovic has deservedly won plaudits for his outstanding season but in Thomas, Victory also have a goalkeeper of much quality. The 24-year-old is a steady presence and will be ready for the grand final.
Played 41 - Sydney 11 wins, Victory 13 wins, drawn 17
REGULAR-SEASON RECORD 2016-17:
* Sydney: 20 wins 6 draws 1 loss (goals for: 55, goals against 12)
* Victory: 15 wins 4 draws 8 losses (goals for: 49, goals against: 31)
PAST FIVE MEETINGS:
* 03/03/17: Sydney 1-0
* 26/01/17: Sydney 2-1
* 05/11/16: Sydney 2-1
* 27/02/16: 1-all draw
* 26/01/16: Victory 1-0