FIFA's decision to expand the 2023 Women's World Cup to 32 nations won't derail Football Federation Australia's bid to host the event.
The decision to expand the event from 24 nations from 2023 onwards was made in Zurich on Wednesday and the FFA said they welcomed the decision.
Any alterations to Australia's bid will now be decided after FIFA's updated requirements documentation has been reviewed in August.
"Australia stands ready to work with FIFA to deliver a historic 32-nation FIFA Women's World Cup in 2023," FFA chairman Chris Nikou said in a statement released on Thursday.
"FFA will await the updated documentation from FIFA and, once received, will work diligently with relevant stakeholders to adjust features of our original and ongoing planning to address the expanded competition requirements."
The FFA haven't commented on reports the expansion would prompt a joint bid between Australia and New Zealand.
Both nations have placed separate bids for the tournament along with Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Japan, South Africa and South Korea, with the latter expressing interest in a joint bid with North Korea.
FIFA's announcement came with a confirmation that bid submissions must be completed by December with a decision on who will host the event expected in May next year.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino said the expansion reaches far beyond eight additional teams, and means dozens more member associations will organise their women's football programs knowing they have a realistic chance of qualifying.
"The astounding success of this year's FIFA Women's World Cup in France made it very clear that this is the time to keep the momentum going and take concrete steps to foster the growth of women's football," Infantino said.
The United States claimed a record fourth World Cup win in France last month, beating the Netherlands 2-0 in the final.