28 goals were scored in the eight matches of the UEFA Champions League from Wednesday morning (AEST). All the thrills, spills and drama from the first bout of action from the Group stage!
Manchester United v FC Basel (highlights above)
Manchester United qualified by virtue of winning the FA Cup and were keen to show that they deserved their spot in the Champions League against Swiss champions Basel.
Chelsea vs Qarabag FK
The Azerbaijanis went into Stamford Bridge already breaking new ground as the first team from the Caspian Sea bordering nation to make the Champions League Group stage.
Barcelona v Juventus
Leo Messi went into the match having never beaten Juventus legend Gianluigi Buffon, would that record continue?
Paris St Germain vs Celtic
PSG got the first chance to show off their much-vaunted and incredibly expensive forward line against experienced Champions League competitors in Celtic.
CSKA Moscow v Benfica
Dubious penalty calls, very near misses.... the result could have been very different!
FC Bayern Munich v Anderlecht
Bayern came into the match fresh of a domestic loss to Hoffenheim. Would Anderlecht find the German superteam down on form?
AS Roma v Atletico Madrid
Scrambling defence and dramatic sqaundering of chances were the theme to this tense battle between the two prestigious sides.
Sporting v Olympiakos Piraeus
A Jekyll and Hyde performance from both sides!
Wednesday, September 13:
* Real Madrid (Spain) v APOEL Nicosia (Cyprus)
* Tottenham Hotspur (England) v Borussia Dortmund (Germany)
* Porto (Portugal) v Besiktas (Turkey)
* RB Leipzig (Germany) v Monaco (France)
* Feyenoord (Netherlands) v Manchester City (England)
* Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukraine) v Napoli (Italy)
* Liverpool (England) v Sevilla (Spain)
* Maribor (Slovenia) v Spartak Moscow (Russia)