Adelaide defender Regan apologises for controversial send-off

Adelaide defender Taylor Regan has apologised to teammates for his actions which led to his dismissal during last week's fiery A-League clash with Brisbane.

Regan was given a second yellow card in the 78th minute of Adelaide's 2-1 win after gouging the face of Roar midfielder Stefan Mauk.

The 30-year-old will miss Saturday's visit to Melbourne Victory due to suspension and Reds' coach Marco Kurz said he'd made sure Regan knew his actions were unacceptable.

"I spoke with Taylor about the situation," Kurz told reporters on Thursday.

"I think we had luck, you could give a clear red card if you see it from a right position.

"He knows that it was a big mistake and spoke in front of the boys, said sorry, and for me it's a tick after the situation."

Mauk would later also be sent off for a challenge on Craig Goodwin in stoppage time.

The Australian under-23 international was knocked out in the aftermath of the challenge and the Roar were incensed when Jordan Elsey picked up the unconscious Mauk.

Kurz and Roar coach John Aloisi clashed on the sidelines in the wake of the Mauk red card but the German said there was no ongoing concern about the encounter.

"The rest is soccer. It's nothing special," he said.

Danish centre back Michael Jakobsen will return from injury to face the Victory, with Kurz saying he'll be a straight replacement for Regan.

"He trained without problems and he is ready to start," he said.

"That's good for us after the red card for Taylor."

Source AAP