Western Sydney Wanderers and Sydney FC will get together to set in place a set of special security measures for the city's first A-League derby at Parramatta Stadium.
The A-League's first champion and the competition's newest club will meet on match day three on Saturday 20 October.
The spate of incidents that marred trial matches involving both clubs in the past 10 days has raised fears that the eagerly awaited match could become a stage for unruly fans.
Both clubs are determined not to let any yobs ruin what should be a great sporting event.
"The Wanderers and us will ask Football Federation Australia and its security company to sit down with the two clubs' supporter groups to work out the best security measures when the match is due," Sydney chief executive Tony Pignata said.
"The incidents of last week were very unfortunate and highlight the fact that fans should be able to come to the game and watch football.
"We are not expecting any problems in the derby because special arrangements will be put in place."
Pignata refuted claims that recent unsavoury events would suggest that football is ill equipped to tackle the problem of violent spectators that has reared its ugly head in recent weeks.
"Look, if someone wants to disrupt any sporting event whether it's football, cricket, rugby league or Australian football, he'll do it," Pignata said.
"But we have regulations in place and the culprits will get charged and end up in court so we are well equipped to deal with this problem.
"We will identify them and ban them from the game.
"So the message is that if they keep on doing this we will spot them because we know all about them.
"And if they manage to sneak into any of our games we will find them and eject them.”
FFA has announced that two people who behaved badly in recent trial matches in Sydney would be banned for five years.
One man activated a flare during the match between Sydney and Macarthur Rams at Campbelltown Stadium on 14 August and another let off a firework during the match between Wanderers and Sydney United at Edensor Park on Wednesday night.
Both will be banned from all matches under the authority of FFA.
A third man will be banned for a period to be determined after an alleged assault during the match at Campbelltown.
Borussia Dortmund has confirmed Mario Gotze will miss the Champions League final against Bayern Munich at Wembley on Sunday (AEST).