A 1-1 draw against Guizhou Renze was enough to see Kashiwa Reysol advance to the last 16 of the Asian Champions League as Group H winner.
PA Sport
24 Apr 2013 - 7:44 AM  UPDATED 24 Apr 2013 - 9:07 AM

Tatsuya Masushima put the Japanese host ahead early in the second half and a win looked on the cards until
Kai Li's equaliser five minutes from time.

However, the point was still enough to secure top spot in the group with one round of matches remaining.

Central Coast Mariners leapfrogged Guizhou into second place with a 1-0 victory at Suwon Bluewings, courtesy of
Michael McGlinchey's 81st-minute goal.

The newly crowned A-League champion is now one point better off than Guizhou, which faces Suwon in its final group match next week.

Group G will go to the wire after Bunyodkor was held to a goalless draw by Sanfrecce Hiroshima and Pohang Steelers was beaten at Beijing Guoan.

Former semi-finalist Bunyodkor went into its match knowing a victory would take it through to the last 16 but it was unable to break down the J.League champion.

It remains at the top of the group, however, with a one-point lead over Beijing Guoan which was a 2-0 winner over Pohang Steelers.

The South Korean side also had the chance to advance but goals from Joffre Guerron (47) and
Jiayi Shao (87) saw it beaten and replaced in the top two by Beijing.

Bunyodkor travels to Pohang for its group finale next week while Sanfrecce, which cannot progress to the knockout stage, takes on Beijing.

Al Gharafa joined Al-Ahly in the next round after a 2-2 draw against the Group C leader.

The Qatar club took the lead after 23 minutes through Alex but that was cancelled out by Amad Al Hosni eight minutes later.

A 54th-minute penalty from Djibril Cisse put Al Gharafa in the
driving seat once more only for Jairo Palomino to reply for Al Ahly
after 69 minutes.

The result brought an end to Al Ahly's 100 per cent record in the
group and also crushed Sepahan's hopes of progressing, despite its own
2-1 victory at Al-Nasr.

Goals from Radomir Djalovic (29) and Mohammad Gholami (79) sandwiched
Younis Ameen's 72nd-minute reply, but the win was not enough for the
Iranian champion, which lies four points behind the top two with one round

Esteghlal sealed its berth in the last 16 for the second successive
season with a 3-0 home win over 10-man Al Rayyan, which now has no
chance of finishing in the top two of Group D.

Captain Farhad Majidi opened the scoring on the stroke of half-time
with Hashem Beikzadeh added a second in the 73rd minute and, after Al
Rayyan had lost Fabio Cesar Montezine to a red card with 15 minutes
remaining, substitute Arash Borhani completed the scoring late on for
the Iranian side.

Esteghlal now has 10 points from games in Group D, one point clear of Al Hilal and four above Al-Ain.

Saudi side Al Hilal edged closer to a place in the next phase with a
2-0 win newly-crowned UAE champion Al-Ain, Salem
Al-Dosari and Wesley netting both goals in the opening 24 minutes.