Cardiff's lead at the top of the Championship was cut to five points by Hull City while Australian defender Shane Lowry was sent off in Millwall's big loss.
PA Sport
20 Feb 2013 - 9:24 AM  UPDATED 20 Feb 2013 - 11:07 AM

Cardiff City was beaten 2-0 by Brighton & Hove Albion in just its second home defeat of the season.

Brighton went ahead two minutes before half-time.

Jose Ulloa whipped in a cross which found
Andrea Orlandi in front of goal and he flicked the ball home with the outside of his foot.

The Bluebirds enjoyed greater possession and hit the woodwork four times but it was the Seagulls who breached their opponent's defence when Ulloa pounced in injury time.

Brighton remains seventh.

Hull claimed its third successive victory with a 2-0 success over Blackburn Rovers to cut the gap at the top.

The Tigers went ahead in the 52nd minute when
Stephen Quinn hooked the ball in from the edge of the area and found
Mohamed Gedo who slotted home a low shot from close range.

Hull doubled the lead (67) when Quinn raced down the left-hand side before checking back to send in a right-footed cross which found Ahmed Elmohamady and he volleyed home.

Watford maintained its challenge with a 2-0 win at Ipswich Town to remain third.

The Hornets made an impressive start which was capped by
Ikechi Anya's 18th-minute goal after he collected a dinked pass from
Troy Deeney before placing the ball into the back of the net.

Watford doubled the lead (72) when Nathaniel Chalobah rounded the goalkeeper and poked the ball home.

Charlton Athletic put a dent in Leicester City's challenge when they won 2-1 at the Foxes.

Charlton took a 19th-minute lead,
Bradley Pritchard pouncing on a poor backpass and releasing the ball to Yann Kermorgant who slotted home.

Leicester took until the 69th minute to draw level,
Chris Wood slotting home.

The Addicks regained the lead (78) with a great finish from
Danny Haynes.

Radoslaw Majewski scored a first-half hat-trick as Nottingham Forest eased to a 6-1 win over Huddersfield Town which is slipping closer to the drop zone.

The Terriers went ahead in the 10th minute when
James Vaughan volleyed home.

Majewski levelled in the 21st minute and three minutes later Forest were ahead,
Andy Reid whipping in a free-kick which found
Elliott Ward in the six-yard box and he headed home.

Majewski scored his second of the night (37) with a low shot before he completed his hat-trick (43) when he drove home a fierce 30-yard effort which gave
Alex Smithies in the Terriers goal no chance.

Henri Lansbury got Forest's fifth (55) when he took advantage of lax defending before
Darius Henderson headed home in injury time.

Wolverhampton Wanderers dropped into the relegation zone after a 2-1 defeat at Barnsley.

Wolves started well and took a seventh-minute lead when Bjorn Sigurdarson beat the defence for pace and went round goalkeeper
Luke Steele before coolly slotting the ball home.

But Barnsley levelled in the 49th minute when
Chris Dagnall nodded home at the far post.

The Tykes' dominance was then rewarded when
Jacob Mellis put them ahead (73) and victory dumped Wolves into the bottom three.

Peterborough United climbed off the bottom with a 5-1 win at 10-man Millwall.

Peterborough went ahead at Millwall when
Lee Tomlin fired home from 18 yards in the seventh minute.

However, the Lions levelled just six minutes later,
James Henry lobbing the ball home.

The Posh regained the lead (32) when a sharp finish from
Tommy Rowe gave the Lions goalkeeper no chance before Tomlin got his second of the night (55).

Peterborough got a fourth when
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing (59) scored a fine individual effort capped by an unstoppable shot.

Ten minutes later it got worse for Millwall as
Australian defender Shane Lowry was sent off for a professional foul on
Dwight Gayle before
George Boyd got their fifth (88).

Derby County and Bolton Wanderers drew 1-1.
Richard Keogh scored an own goal in first-half injury-time to put the Trotters ahead with
Jamie Ward levelling nine minutes from time.

Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday shared a goalless draw as did Burnley and Middlesbrough.