• Aussie duo... Rhys Williams shows Scott McDonald his appreciation after his goal for Middlesbrough (Action)
Australian striker Scott McDonald was among the goals in Middlesbrough's draw with Peterborough while West Ham was stunned by Derby County in the Championship.
PA Sport
1 Jan 2012 - 3:04 AM  UPDATED 7 Nov 2012 - 2:06 AM

The Hammers made a nightmare start as goals from
Callum Ball and
Paul Green put Derby 2-0 ahead after just 10 minutes.

Frank Nouble pulled one back for the visitors with a rasping drive just before the break but the Hammers could not muster an equaliser.

Middlesbrough was held to a 1-1 draw at the Riverside by
but leapfrogged West Ham into second place.

Australian striker Scott McDonald's 51st minute strike looked to have secured all three
points for Boro but Tommy Rowe's late equaliser denied the host the three points.

Posh midfielder Rowe headed George Boyd's inswinging corner past Boro keeper Jason Steele in the 87th minute to earn his side a late draw.

Reading claimed a 1-0 win over Ipswich Town to climb above Hull into fifth thanks to Alex Pearce's 64th minute header.

Nottingham Forest's woes continued as it lost 1-0 by Cardiff City.

Kenny Miller headed the only goal of the game in the 59th minute to
leave Forest in the relegation zone while Cardiff remained fourth but
closed the gap on third to two points.

Ricardo Vaz Te made an unexpectedly early appearance from the bench to fire a brilliant hat-trick and inspire Barnsley to a first league double over Leeds United in 22 years after a 4-1 win at Oakwell.
Vaz Te, who replaced injured captain
Jacob Butterfield after just 15 minutes, claimed the match ball with
Craig Davies also on target before
Luciano Becchio netted a late consolation.

Leicester City's play-off challenge continued to stutter aftera 1-1 home draw with Portsmouth.

The Foxes, fancied for promotion at the start of the season after heavy investment under
Sven-Goran Eriksson, have finished 2011 on a five-game winless run and will begin the new year languishing in mid-table.

Leicester needed an equalising goal from former Pompey striker
David Nugent to rescue a point after Marko Futacs had given the visitor the lead.

Marvin Sordell's brace earned Watford a 4-1 home win over Doncaster, which had Herold Goulon sent off.

Sordell grabbed his first on the stroke of half-time but
Billy Sharp deservedly headed Rovers level with his 10th goal of the season shortly after the break.

Goulon was then dismissed before Sordell,
John Eustace and
Michael Kightly added further goals.

Crystal Palace beat Millwall 1-0 at the Den thanks to
Jermaine Easter's 23rd minute strike.
Martin Paterson netted for the second successive match to give Burnley a 1-0 win over Hull City at Turf Moor.

Birmingham City beat 10-man Blackpool 3-0 at St Andrew's with a dominant performance.

Curtis Davies headed the opener on the stroke of half-time before
Marlon King doubled the advantage after the break with a low strike from
the edge of the area.

Blackpool midfielder Barry Ferguson was dismissed for violent conduct
in the 55th minute with the Blues capitalising on the one-man
advantage through Nathan Redmond's 89th minute strike.

Coventry City moved off the bottom of the table with a 2-0 win over Brighton.

Gary McSheffrey gave the Sky Blues the lead in the 34th minute with a
20 yard strike before Lukas Jutkiewicz sealed the win with a close
range header after the break.