• Asia next ... Brisbane fans get behind their team (Getty)
The takeover of A-League defending champion Brisbane Roar is complete and is set to be officially announced on Friday.
By
SBS EXCLUSIVE

4 Oct 2011 - 9:39 AM  UPDATED 8 Nov 2012 - 2:42 PM

After breaking the story that the Indonesian Bakrie Group was set to take on the Roar franchise, The World Game can reveal the finer details of the arrangement, with the group to have a 70 per cent share in the club. Football Federation Australia will take up the remaining 30 per cent.

The Bakrie Group has an option to take another 20 per cent, with a stipulation in the agreement that should that happen, the remaining 10 per cent must be owned by FFA.

TWG understands the Bakrie Group paid $8 million for the license, which has a term of 10 years.

The Bakrie Group is the biggest exporter of coal from Indonesia, with a total of more than 100 million tonnes per annum. It also has an interest in gold and copper mining companies in Indonesia.

The Brisbane franchise isn’t the group’s first foray into football club ownership; it also owns Indonesian club FC Pelita Jaya and Belgium second Division club FC Vise.

Chairman of the Group is Mr Nirwan Bakrie, who is formerly Vice President of the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI).

Representing the Group at the announcement will be Aga Bakrie, the eldest son of Nirwan.

The new chairman of Brisbane Roar will be Dali Tahir, a former AFC executive committee member and deputy chairman of the organising committee of AFC youth competitions.

It is believed the new owners plan to recruit some Indonesian players at Roar, as well as one or two marquee signings.