Egypt's new season of the Premier League will begin on September 7, after last year's season was cancelled following stadium riots in which 74 people were killed.
Azmi Megahed, a spokesman of the Egyptian Football Association, said the association has signed a contract with a private security company to secure the stadiums during the league.
The decision to bring extra security came after reports that the Interior Ministry said the league cannot restart as planned because of concerns about the lack of security at games.
The league was cancelled after the clashes in Port Said following a match between host Al-Masry and its rival, al-Ahly.
Seventy-three people are facing trial on charges of premeditated murder or negligence in the rioting.
Opposition activists have repeatedly accused the military council, which ruled Egypt for 16 months following the ouster of Hosni Mubarak in February last year, of orchestrating the violence, allegedly to prolong its time in power.
Veteran striker Didier Drogba was again left out of the Cote d'Ivoire squad when coach Sabri Lamouchi unveiled his 26 players for next month's World Cup qualifiers against Gambia and Tanzania.