Egypt's African Cup qualifier against Central African Republic at home is in doubt because authorities refuse to provide security for the match, set for June 17.
The Egypt Football Association has asked the Confederation of African Football to postpone the match for 48 hours to avoid its overlap with presidential elections, planned for the same day.
The team's administrative manager Amr Abu el-Ezz says the continental body has not yet replied to the request.
Egyptian authorities have refused to provide security for national team's home matches after 70 people were killed following a league match in Port Said in February.
Of 12 matches Egypt played so far this year, 11 took place abroad.
Veteran striker Didier Drogba was again left out of the Cote d'Ivoire squad when coach Sabri Lamouchi unveiled his 26 players for next month's World Cup qualifiers against Gambia and Tanzania.